Fertility Yoga Teacher Training ~ Online Course
(14 BCRPA/12 AFLCA)
Yoga for fertility is a unique form of yoga designed to prepare the body, mind and spirit for new life. This course provides you with guided meditations to read, supportive language to use and specially selected yoga poses to open the pelvis and stimulate the energy channels associated with reproduction. You will learn techniques to help your participant’s calm anxiety and let go of negative thinking as they discover new ways to become fertile and powerful in all areas of their life.
Pre-requisite: previous foundation of yoga training
You will learn:
• About fertility in today’s society
• About the relationship between stress & fertility
• The effects of fertility challenges on relationships, work and social considerations
• What to say, what not to say to your fertility clients
• About the menstrual cycle including ovulation, charting and emotional considerations
• How to provide physical & emotional support through the monthly menstrual cycle, artificial reproductive techniques and miscarriage
• Effective mind body techniques to help your clients create a sense of calm throughout their fertility journey
• Provide & explore various forms of meditation including written journeys & poems for fertility
• Learn & understand the benefits of yoga for fertility
• Learn & practice yoga poses specifically designed to enhance fertility and reduce anxiety
• Learn to use sample programs and outlines to begin your own yoga for fertility class
• Learn how to support couples by offering yoga for fertility for couples class – group and private
• Establishing safety and trust with your participants
• How to effectively market your class and build community of support with other fertility focused practitioners
• How to create a sense of community and support
This is the 1st fertility yoga teacher training in Canada. Sue Dumais has dedicated more than a decade of her career developing her Yoga for Fertility classes and also published her “Yoga for Fertility Handbook”. Sue was a member of the Board of Directors for the Infertility Awareness Association of Canada (IAAC) and was the Vancouver IAAC support group leader for 6 years. She has worked closely with several Reproductive Specialists to ensure her classes are safe and includes modifications for artificial reproductive treatments.
Sue is well respected in the fertility industry and has been listed as a resource in Dr Christiane Northrup’s book “Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom” (2010 edition).
Sue believes that every woman can be a mother. She encourages them to listen to their own inner guidance and follow the path that will help them bring their child home. Sue has created this course because she is passionate about supporting women and couples through fertility worldwide. She is inviting warm, loving and compassionate instructors to help spread the support by training and offering Yoga for Fertility classes in their area.
NOTE: Pre-requisite ~ a foundation of previous yoga training is a must. The course takes approximately 14 hours to complete and you have 4 months from the day you register to complete the course requirements.
Online course includes:
– online webinar presentation with audio and video
– 42 page pdf training manual with photos and descriptions of fertility yoga poses and voice guided journeys
– copy of Sue Dumais’ Yoga for Fertility Handbook (e-book version)
– 3 one hour voice guided Yoga for Fertility audio classes (listen online or download to your Ipod or mp3 player)
– fertility meditation (listen online or download to your Ipod or mp3 player)
– unlimited email support for duration of the course
– self reflection essay and assignment
– Certificate of Completion
– listing on our website to advertise your Yoga for Fertility class
Fee: $397 CAD (+ 5% gst)
If you prefer you can contact us to register by phone.
Would you like more information?
Click here to watch the recording of an information webinar.
What others are saying…
“Thank you so much for a lovely course. I appreciate all the love and warmth that I felt through the course. I enjoyed the practical aspect of the course and learning the specific benefits for each pose. ”
Tessa Greening, Alberta
“Sue, it was lovely meeting you at the Yoga for Fertility Instructor Training. What a truly wonderful course, I am still going through everything we covered finding it fascinating. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your energy! I feel so blessed.”
Carla Valesi, Ontario
“Sue is an inspired teacher who draws from her own experience and celebration for life. With her guidance I regain confidence in myself to trust my teaching and my own intelligence as a human being.”
Celeste Shirley, Ontario
“This course came at a time in my life when I needed to connect to other women, to yoga and to myself; I lost my baby less than a week before and was feeling so vulnerable but knew this was the right thing to do. Sue welcomed me and the other women so openly and we felt safe and I knew I would learn a lot in the 2 days. The course was well prepared and Sue allowed the course to flow in which ever way it needed to. The postures were healing and the experience of the dialogue in the postures opened up a lot for us. It is truly the most authentic course I’ve attended, allowing me to be who I am and I now feel so passionate about spreading Sue’s teachings and adapting them to suit those who need it in the Barrie area. I do believe it will help me personally and those that attend the course to be more open in their daily lives and therefore more open to conceive.”
Dawn Balfour, Ontario